Saturday, November 8, 2008

Why is Youtube so slow?

Today while I was taking a break from cleaning, I was watching some videos on Youtube and it was slow. I was so upset, it took like 5 minutes to load one video.

But Youtube is slow in another way. Why is Youtube going to acknowledge that they profit so substantially from the efforts from others -- hosting videos that play music from artists, scenes from movies, etc. -- and none of these people are seeing any profit. It seems like a bad deal to me.

A common argument I have heard is that "Well, the people are getting publicity." I don't think that's really true. Maybe it helps to a certain extent, but then it gets to the point where people are so used to listening to bad-quality recordings of music that they would rather just load up a Youtube page than pay 99 cents for an MP3.

What are we going to do about this? I find it disturbing. What do you think??



No comments: