Sunday, November 2, 2008

why i enjoy christian science.

Okay, this blog post is going to be a bit different. I don't know why I feel the need to write about it, but I do so I'm going to write about it. Recently, I've been reading Mary Baker Eddy's book "Science and Health", as well as the 500 watching points and her book where the title is something like miscellanious.

[sorry if my typing is weird, but the a key is not working so i have to press extra hard and it is disrupting my flow of writing :-[ }

I used to not know what christian science was or confused it with scientology. but christian science basically states that if God is the creator, then nothing God creates could be bad, because a good God sees no value in disease, badness, and if we are his creations, we should have a good life.

Okay, that is not eloquently put at all. I am still grasping at the meaning, trying to understand it. I am trying to heal using Christian Science -- I have tried using lots of energy therapy, like EFT, and other stuff. But it was too hard/wasn't working. one thing i hated about EFT [www.emofree.com] is that it started out like 'oh, this is therapy you can do yourself! It's free and you can heal from whatever problems you are experiencing"

Well, that only lasted a short time. Eventually, EFT "practitioners" came out in droves, sensing an ability to be opportunists, and started spouting jargon like "The reason you are not healing is because you have deeply rooted issues that you CAN NOT uncover yourself!! So hire me for 75 dollars an hour and I will help you find the ROOT CaUSE of your problem!"

So, I adopted that mindset of, well, this is too hard to do because I won't be able to figure out the root cause that is buried under so many years of other memories. It was very discouraging.

On the other hand, Christian Science is like...God will take care of everything. I like that better, and my life has improved. I feel more focused on positive things knowing that negative things aren't worth thinking about because they...don't exist. Yep, they don't. It makes so much sense to me.

No comments: